This food, which has accompanied us during the first moments of our lives, provides us with protein and calcium. Its carbohydrate and lipid content is low, so it is recommended for people who want to lose weight.
Benefits of cow’s milk
Among its various benefits, we can highlight the following broadly:
- Being a complete food, it provides a great variety of nutrients
- Indispensable at all stages involving the manufacture of new fabrics
- Milk provides calcium, thus preventing osteoporosis
- Its consumption reduces the risk of breast cancer
- Helps maintain brain function
- Provides a large amount of energy
- Milk fat is easy to digest
- Its tryptophan content makes it ideal for children since its calming effect helps combat insomnia.
The quality indicators of a good cow’s milk pass because the distance from the farm is close to the dairy plant to maintain its entire flavor and properties.
Myths and truths
In recent times, with the appearance of so-called “alternative milks” (such as soy, millet and sunflower milk), the debate was fueled. Should we continue to drink milk after breastfeeding? It is a conceptual error because they are not milk, they are juices based on other products. The only one recognized as such by international organizations (FAO / WHO) is cow’s milk and its consumption is recommended at least three servings daily to through milk, yogurt or dairy products like cheese.
Some of the classic milk recipes
Rice pudding, custard, Catalan cream or egg custard is some of the most traditional recipes with cow’s milk. The touch of sugar, aromatic (lemon, cinnamon, orange, orange blossom) and, in some cases, egg, gives it an exquisite flavor for the sweet tooth of the house. Who can resist a dessert?
Nutritional information of whole cow’s milk surpasses any food item. Milk is made up of fats, proteins and carbohydrates; it has vitamins A, B, and D, and different minerals: magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, and zinc. There are many studies showing that milk is more effective in hydrating the body after sports than any industrial isotonic drink and even water.